TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read all these terms and conditions.
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read
these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with.
These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the services and goods by you (the Customer or you). We
are The Deck 747 a company registered in England and Wales under number 14134376 whose registered office is at
Taurus Hangar, City Airport, Barton, Liverpool Road, Greater Manchester, M30 7SA with email address
email@example.com; (the Supplier or us or we).
These are the terms on which we sell all Services to you. By ordering any of the Services, you agree to be bound by
these Terms and Conditions. You can only purchase the Services and Goods from the Website if you are eligible to
enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside their trade, business, craft or
Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Services;
Delivery Location means the Supplier's premises or other location where the Services are to be supplied, as set out in
Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be addressed personally to
the recipient, enables the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for future reference for a period that is
long enough for the purposes of the information, and allows the unchanged reproduction of the information stored;
Goods means any goods that we supply to you with the Services, of the number and description as set out in the Order;
Order means the Customer's order for the Services from the Supplier as submitted following the step by step process
set out on the Website;
from you via the Website;
10. Services means the services advertised on the Website, including any Goods, of the number and description set out in
11. Website means our website www.thedeck747.com on which the Services are advertised.
12. The description of the Services and any Goods is as set out in the Website, catalogues, brochures or other form of
advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and
colour of any Goods supplied.
13. In the case of Services and any Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any
information or specification you provide is accurate.
14. All Services which appear on the Website are subject to availability.
15. We can make changes to the Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement.
We will notify you of these changes.
Powered by Rocket Lawyer ®
16. You must co-operate with us in all matters relating to the Services, provide us and our authorised employees and
representatives with access to any premises under your control as required, provide us with all information required to
perform the Services and obtain any necessary licences and consents (unless otherwise agreed).
17. Failure to comply with the above is a Customer default which entitles us to suspend performance of the Services until
you remedy it or if you fail to remedy it following our request, we can terminate the Contract with immediate effect on
written notice to you.
19. We may contact you by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and by pre-paid post and you
expressly agree to this.
Basis of Sale
20. The description of the Services and any Goods in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the
Services or Goods. When an Order has been submitted on the Website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will
try to tell you the reason without delay.
21. The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting
the Order. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
22. A Contract will be formed for the Services ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the Order (
Order Confirmation). You must ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us
immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Order placed by you. By placing an Order
you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (ie the Order
Confirmation). You will receive the Order Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any
event not later than the delivery of any Goods supplied under the Contract, and before performance begins of any of the
23. Any quotation or estimate of Fees (as defined below) is valid for a maximum period of days from its date, unless we
expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
24. No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Services, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has
been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.
25. We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Consumer. If this is not
the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate
for you and which might, in some respects, be better for you, eg by giving you rights as a business.
Fees and Payment
26. The fees (Fees) for the Services, the price of any Goods (if not included in the Fees) and any additional delivery or
other charges is that set out on the Website at the date we accept the Order or such other price as we may agree in
writing. Prices for Services may be calculated on a fixed price or on a standard daily rate basis.
27. Fees and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
28. You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately or
otherwise before delivery of the Services.
29. We will deliver the Services, including any Goods, to the Delivery Location by the time or within the agreed period or,
failing any agreement:
a. in the case of Services, within a reasonable time; and
Powered by Rocket Lawyer ®
b. in the case of Goods, without undue delay and, in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the
Contract is entered into.
30. In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Services on time, you can require us to
reduce the Fees or charges by an appropriate amount (including the right to receive a refund for anything already paid
above the reduced amount). The amount of the reduction can, where appropriate, be up to the full amount of the Fees or
31. In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Goods on time, you can (in addition to
any other remedies) treat the Contract at an end if:
a. we have refused to deliver the Goods, or if delivery on time is essential taking into account all the relevant
circumstances at the time the Contract was made, or you said to us before the Contract was made that delivery on
time was essential; or
b. after we have failed to deliver on time, you have specified a later period which is appropriate to the circumstances
and we have not delivered within that period.
32. If you treat the Contract at an end, we will (in addition to other remedies) promptly return all payments made under the
33. If you were entitled to treat the Contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling the Order
for any Goods or rejecting Goods that have been delivered and, if you do this, we will (in addition to other remedies)
without delay return all payments made under the Contract for any such cancelled or rejected Goods. If the Goods have
been delivered, you must return them to us or allow us to collect them from you and we will pay the costs of this.
34. If any Goods form a commercial unit (a unit is a commercial unit if division of the unit would materially impair the
value of the goods or the character of the unit) you cannot cancel or reject the Order for some of those Goods without
also cancelling or rejecting the Order for the rest of them.
35. We do not generally deliver to addresses outside England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and
Channels Islands. If, however, we accept an Order for delivery outside that area, you may need to pay import duties or
other taxes, as we will not pay them.
36. You agree we may deliver the Goods in instalments if we suffer a shortage of stock or other genuine and fair reason,
subject to the above provisions and provided you are not liable for extra charges.
37. If you or your nominee fail, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the Services at the Delivery Location, we may
charge the reasonable costs of storing and redelivering them.
38. The Goods will become your responsibility from the completion of delivery or Customer collection. You must, if
reasonably practicable, examine the Goods before accepting them.
Risk and Title
39. Risk of damage to, or loss of, any Goods will pass to you when the Goods are delivered to you.
40. You do not own the Goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue or a step occurs towards
your bankruptcy, we can choose, by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right to use the Goods still owned by
you, in which case you must return them or allow us to collect them.
Withdrawal and cancellation
41. You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and
without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
42. This is a distance contract (as defined below) which has the cancellation rights (Cancellation Rights) set out below.
These Cancellation Rights, however, do not apply, to a contract for the following goods and services (with no others) in
the following circumstances:
a. accommodation, transport of goods, vehicle rental services, catering or services related to leisure activities, if the
contract provides for a specific date or period of performance;
b. goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised;
c. goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
Powered by Rocket Lawyer ®
Right to cancel
43. Subject as stated in these Terms and Conditions, you can cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
44. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party, other than the
carrier, indicated by you, acquires physical possession of the last of the Goods. In a contract for the supply of services
only (without goods), the cancellation period will expire 14 days from the day the Contract was entered into. In a
contract for the supply of goods over time (ie subscriptions), the right to cancel will be 14 days after the first delivery.
45. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear statement setting
out your decision (eg a letter sent by post or email). You can use the attached model cancellation form, but it is not
obligatory. In any event, you must be able to show clear evidence of when the cancellation was made, so you may
decide to use the model cancellation form.
46. You can also electronically fill in and submit the model cancellation form or any other clear statement of the
Customer's decision to cancel the Contract on our website www.thedeck747.com . If you use this option, we will
communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation in a Durable Medium (eg by email) without
47. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the
right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Commencement of Services in the cancellation period
48. We must not begin the supply of a service (being part of the Services) before the end of the cancellation period unless
you have made an express request for the service.
Effects of cancellation in the cancellation period
49. Except as set out below, if you cancel this Contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you,
including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the
least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
Payment for Services commenced during the cancellation period
50. Where a service is supplied (being part of the Service) before the end of the cancellation period in response to your
express request to do so, you must pay an amount for the supply of the service for the period for which it is supplied,
ending with the time when we are informed of your decision to cancel the Contract. This amount is in proportion to
what has been supplied in comparison with the full coverage of the Contract. This amount is to be calculated on the
basis of the total price agreed in the Contract or, if the total price were to be excessive, on the basis of the market value
of the service that has been supplied, calculated by comparing prices for equivalent services supplied by other traders.
You will bear no cost for supply of that service, in full or in part, in this cancellation period if that service is not
supplied in response to such a request.
Deduction for Goods supplied
51. We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Goods supplied, if the loss is the result of
unnecessary handling by you (ie handling the Goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics
and functioning of the Goods: eg it goes beyond the sort of handling that might be reasonably allowed in a shop). This
is because you are liable for that loss and, if that deduction is not made, you must pay us the amount of that loss.
Timing of reimbursement
52. If we have not offered to collect the Goods, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
a. 14 days after the day we receive back from you any Goods supplied, or
b. (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have sent back the Goods.
53. If we have offered to collect the Goods or if no Goods were supplied or to be supplied (ie it is a contract for the supply
of services only), we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on
which we are informed about your decision to cancel this Contract.
Powered by Rocket Lawyer ®
54. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you
have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
55. If you have received Goods in connection with the Contract which you have cancelled, you must send back the Goods
or hand them over to us at
Taurus Hangar, City Airport, Barton, Liverpool Road, Greater Manchester, M30 7SA
without delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate to us your cancellation
of this Contract. The deadline is met if you send back the Goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You agree
that you will have to bear the cost of returning the Goods.
56. For the purposes of these Cancellation Rights, these words have the following meanings:
a. distance contract means a contract concluded between a trader and a consumer under an organised distance sales
or service-provision scheme without the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer, with the
exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the time at which the contract
b. sales contract means a contract under which a trader transfers or agrees to transfer the ownership of goods to a
consumer and the consumer pays or agrees to pay the price, including any contract that has both goods and
services as its object.
57. We have a legal duty to supply the Goods in conformity with the Contract, and will not have conformed if it does not
meet the following obligation.
58. Upon delivery, the Goods will:
a. be of satisfactory quality;
b. be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods which, before the Contract is made, you
made known to us (unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgment)
and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract; and
c. conform to their description.
59. It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials.
60. We will supply the Services with reasonable skill and care.
61. In relation to the Services, anything we say or write to you, or anything someone else says or writes to you on our
behalf, about us or about the Services, is a term of the Contract (which we must comply with) if you take it into account
when deciding to enter this Contract, or when making any decision about the Services after entering into this Contract.
Anything you take into account is subject to anything that qualified it and was said or written to you by us or on behalf
of us on the same occasion, and any change to it that has been expressly agreed between us (before entering this
Contract or later).
Duration, termination and suspension
62. The Contract continues as long as it takes us to perform the Services.
63. Either you or we may terminate the Contract or suspend the Services at any time by a written notice of termination or
suspension to the other if that other:
a. commits a serious breach, or series of breaches resulting in a serious breach, of the Contract and the breach either
cannot be fixed or is not fixed within 30 days of the written notice; or
b. is subject to any step towards its bankruptcy or liquidation.
64. On termination of the Contract for any reason, any of our respective remaining rights and liabilities will not be
Powered by Rocket Lawyer ®
Successors and our sub-contractors
65. Either party can transfer the benefit of this Contract to someone else, and will remain liable to the other for its
obligations under the Contract. The Supplier will be liable for the acts of any sub-contractors who it chooses to help
perform its duties.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
66. In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
a. the party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and
b. the party's obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably, and
the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the
Customer's above rights relating to delivery (and the right to cancel below).
67. Your privacy is critical to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation with
regard to your personal information.
(www.thedeck747.com) and cookies policy (www.thedeck747.com).
69. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
a. 'Data Protection Laws' means any applicable law relating to the processing of Personal Data, including, but not
limited to the GDPR.
b. 'GDPR' means the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
c. 'Data Controller', 'Personal Data' and 'Processing' shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
70. We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data we Process in providing the Services and Goods to you.
71. Where you supply Personal Data to us so we can provide Services and Goods to you, and we Process that Personal
Data in the course of providing the Services and Goods to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by the
Data Protection Laws:
a. before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, we will identify the purposes for which information is being
b. we will only Process Personal Data for the purposes identified;
c. we will respect your rights in relation to your Personal Data; and
d. we will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your Personal Data is secure.
72. For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
73. The Supplier does not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) death or personal injury caused by
negligence or breach of the Supplier's other legal obligations. Subject to this, we are not liable for (i) loss which was
not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or (ii) loss (eg loss of profit) to your
business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Consumer - because we believe you are not
buying the Services and Goods wholly or mainly for your business, trade, craft or profession.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
74. The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
Powered by Rocket Lawyer ®
75. Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in
Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
76. We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints as follows: If a dispute occurs customers should contact us to
find a solution. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 14 days..
77. These terms and conditions were created using a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://www.rocketlawyer.com/gb
Model cancellation Form
The Deck 747
City Airport, Barton, Liverpool Road
Email address: email@example.com
I/We[*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*] [for the supply of the
following service [*], Ordered on [*]/received on [*]______________________(date received)
Name of consumer(s):
Address of consumer(s):
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper)
[*] Delete as appropriate.
Powered by Rocket Lawyer ®